The suppleness of our skin begins to decrease as we get older, and the facial muscles in our face begin to atrophy, which ultimately results in the development of wrinkles and drooping skin. Although there is a wide variety of anti-aging creams and procedures on the market, they frequently come with expensive price tags and undesirable side effects. On the other hand, there is one workout that you can do that will not only assist in toning your face but will also help slow down the natural aging process.
What exactly is the Workout?
The exercise that we are going to be talking about is known as the “lion face” exercise. It is a type of yoga pose that includes stretching and contracting the muscles in your face too to promote blood flow. This, in turn, can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve skin tone.
Instructions for Doing the Lion Face Workout
You may practice the lion face workout in only a few precise movements, which are as follows:
- Take a seat somewhere that is comfortable for you, keep your back straight, and close your eyes.
- Take a long, deep breath in via your nose, then make a “ha” sound as you let the air out of your lungs through your mouth.
- Keep your hands on your knees while you keep your eyes as wide apart as possible and stick out as much of your tongue as you can while doing so.
- Maintain this position for a few seconds before releasing it and moving on to the next part of the exercise. Aim to complete this move 10–15 times in total.
The Advantages of Exercising with a Lion Face
In addition to enhancing your skin tone and lowering the visibility of wrinkles, the lion face workout offers a wide variety of additional advantages, including the following:
- Relaxes the muscles in your face and neck, so relieving tension and stress in those areas.
- Facilitates digestion while also reducing instances of constipation
Improves both one's self-confidence and one's mood
You don't need to spend a lot of money or time to improve your facial appearance or slow down the aging process thanks to the lion face workout. This practice is both simple and effective. Why not make this movement part of your normal practice and start witnessing the benefits for yourself right away?